What is Rotary?
There are almost as many ways to answer this question as there are Rotary clubs.
A better question might be “What Doesn’t Rotary Do?” Quite simply, Rotary is about Service and Fellowship.
Rotarians know that these two ideas go hand-in-hand as through the fellowship of our service projects, we build our friendships that last a lifetime.
Rotary is a global network of more than a million neighbours, friends, leaders and problem solvers who see the world where people unite and take action to create lasting change across the globe, in our communities and in ourselves.
What do we do?
- We partner with community
- We enjoy a spirit of collaboration and camaraderie
- We work with integrity and creativity
- We are proactive
- We respect career and family obligation
Becoming a Rotary member connects you with a diverse group of professionals who support your drive to give back.
Through regular meeting and events
- Discuss your community needs and develop creative ways to meet them
- Connect with other leaders who are changing the world
- Expand your leadership and professional skills
- Catch up with good friends and meet new ones
There are three ways we achieve this:
- Fundraising for charitable organisations which in turn provide service funds are needed
- Volunteering time on Club projects and initiatives
- Direct participation in community projects